This is a history of the descendents of an Englishman who crossed the Atlantic Ocean from Great Britain to Virginia about 1700. The Bethea family expanded and grew over the last three hundred years.
The Bethea Family in North America
1700 - 2000
8th GENERATION DESCENDANTS
CARLTON BETHEA MEDLIN(8)
John Bethea1 -> "Virginia" John Bethea2
-> William Bethea3 -> "Devil"
John Bethea4 ->
CARLTON BETHEA MEDLIN(8) b 10-19-1893, d 2-26-1924 Son of Mary Ellen Bethea Medlin and FRANCIS (FRANK) MARION MEDLIN. Married Mary Claudine Webster, b 9-28-1892, d 7-24-1968
1) RALPH THOMAS MEDLIN(9) b 9-23-1913, d 11-21-2000
2) MARY CAROLINE MEDLIN GRAY(9) b 12-11-1917, d 3-13-2000 (Mary Caroline Medlin married Fred Little Gray, (son of William Alphonso Gray and Jessie Virginia Garland) b 4-13-1913, d 5-9-1994
3) VERA PEARL MEDLIN(9) b 1-3-1915, d 11-28-1976
4) JOSEPH FRANKLIN MEDLIN(9) b 10-21-1919, d 2001 Joseph married Catherine Sitton.
5) CARLTON BETHEA MEDLIN JR(9) b 5-6-1921, d 2-15-1986 Carlton married Jean, they had one child, CARLTON BETHEA MEDLIN III
6) EDNA MEDLIN (WESTCOAT) (BALDI) BERTINO (9) b 1-5-1924 Edna first married Howard Westcoat, their children are: JAKE WESTCOAT and SHARLENE WESTCOAT KOBER. Edna second married Charles Baldi, they had no children. Edna last married Santo Jacob Bertino. They had no children
"English John" Bethea
"Virginia John" Bethea .
"Sweat Swamp" Bethea .
John Bethea b.1752
American Revolutionary Patriot
Bethea b. 1792 SC d. 9/12/1867
Washington Bethea b. 1821 SC d. 4/6/1874 SC
|7th||MARY ELLEN BETHEA MEDLIN b 4-2-1862, d 2-4-1936 married FRANCIS (FRANK) MARION MEDLIN|
CARLTON BETHEA MEDLIN
b 10-19-1893, d 2-26-1924 married Mary Claudine Webster
Copyright 2010 by T. P. Bethea, Jr., Monroe, Louisiana
This is an electronic book publication - all rights reserved.