This is a history of the descendents of an Englishman who crossed the Atlantic Ocean from Great Britain to Virginia about 1700. The Bethea family expanded and grew over the last three hundred years.
The Bethea Family in North America
1700 - 2000
6th Generation in North American
Jesse Bethea 6
Jesse Bethea 6 Son of William Bethea5 and Second wife Olivia Pearce. Born 05-22-1807 in Little Rock, Marion District (Dillon), SC and died 01-04-1876. He married Christian Bethune (born 1804 and died 7-7-1886). Their children are as follows:
1) Caroline Pearce Bethea7,
b. 12-8-1825, m. Calvin
2) Catherine Bethea7, b. m. Patric James Fenegan,
3) Chesley Bethea7, b. ? d. ? never married
4) Farquehard Bethea7 b.? d. 1929 never married.
5) Holden Wade Bethea7 b. 10-13-1843, d. 7-26-1906
6) John Colin Bethea77, b. 05-31-1831, Marion District, SC; d. 10-15-1902, near Bingham, SC.
7) Mary Jane Bethea7, b. 1840, m. Edward C. Shrewsbury.
8) Phillip Bethea7 , b. 3-13-1834 d. 12-18-1869
3 children (Farquehard, Holden, and Chesley) were found in Mary Belle Manning Bethea's Ancestral Key to the Pee Dee. Thanks to Doris Bethea Foster9 who listed the grandsons of Farquehard Bethune (Christian's father)
John Bethea1 -> "Virginia" John Bethea2
-> William Bethea3 ->
"English John" Bethea b. about 1684
"Virginia John" Bethea . born about 1704 d. 1779
"Sweat Swamp" Bethea . b. 1726, d. about 1784
John Bethea b.1752 American Revolutionary Patriot
Bethea b. 5-23-1775
|6th|| Jesse Bethea b.
05-22-1807 d. 01-04-1876 m. Christian Bethune
Copyright 2010 by T. P. Bethea, Jr., Monroe, Louisiana
This is an electronic book publication - all rights reserved.